Friday 11 March 2016

Connect 4 Life and BTC graduates its first set of students

The Broadcast Training Center in Mississauga which specializes in disability training, has proudly held its first graduation ceremony with a diverse group of graduates who are leaving equipped and ready to take on the world in their featured career path in radio and television.

President and founder of Connect 4 Life and Voices 4 Ability Melanie Taddeo said, “I’m so proud it’s exciting to see it come to life and look how far they have all grown individually.”  “It’s sad to see them go but bitter sweet.”  Taddeo said, over the duration of the course she saw the family dynamic developed among the students and it was good.

The program first started in September of 2015. It is open to mature individuals of all ages with a disability who are capable of contributing to society; the students have successfully completed a six months course which include practical training in broadcasting followed by an internship. They each accept their graduate certificates with pride, from here are all eligible professional.  

Lead instructor Joe Snider said, “Initially I did not know what to expect but it turned out to be just a wonderful experience.”  “Its a happy day but also a sad day, the students formed a great family like relation ship over the course six- months and that’s primarily due to the small student duration.”

 “I grew more as a person and not just from the broadcasting program here but I learned a lot more about myself and I made a lot of good friends,” said graduate student Broc Richardson. “Taking Radio Broadcasting here would be the right program especially if you have a disability it’s a great program they are extremely accommodating it’s like a family environment.”

Student Lily Wong said, “I will take away the positive environment; everyone here is so supportive and so positive and accepting of everyone else.
Wong said everyone are very opening minded and she gets encouragement outside the class as well, where she could talk about anything and everything would be done to help her.

 “I feel very good, I’m really happy that I did this course, I learned a lot about what is going on in the world,”  said Chris Sadowski also a graduate student.  “I am a natural comedian I love imitating actors especially Robin Williams, he is my favorite, I am capable and I recommend for anybody to do this course it was a great experience.”


No comments:

Post a Comment